WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1951, CIFST is the national association for food and beverage sector professionals. Its membership of approximately 1,000 individuals is comprised of scientists and technologists in industry, government and academia who are committed to advancing food science and technology. The purpose of CIFST is to advocate and promote the quality, safety and wholesomeness of the food supply through the application of science and technology by linking food science professionals from industry, government and academia.
Goals of CIFST
• To provide a professional network for the exchange of scientific, educational and business ideas, information and knowledge.
• To be a respected voice on scientific and policy issues to the food and beverage sector.
• To promote the professional development and careers of CIFST members.
• To increase awareness of opportunities and careers in the food and beverage sector.
CIFST QUEBEC SECTION MISSION
• CIFST Quebec section brings together Quebec agri-food professionals of today and tomorrow.
CIFST QUEBEC SECTION VISION
• CIFST Quebec section intends to be the reference platform connecting all the agri-food industry stakeholders in order to accelerate information sharing.